If you’re looking for the most hassle free and cheapest way to get from Noi Bai Airport to central Hanoi, you’re in the right place.
We read lots of blog posts telling us to catch the local Number 17 bus from outside the arrivals terminal to get into the Old Quarter but as of May 2016, this no longer exists. There is now a new bus, the Number 86 which costs 30,000VND ($1.30USD) which stops at both the Domestic and International terminals and terminates at Hanoi Railway Station.
Good to know:
- Turn left once you exit the international terminal and cross one lane and walk to where the terminal ends. You will see the sign for the 86 bus. The bus is orange.
- Pay on the bus.
- We asked the ticket conductor to be dropped off near the Old Quarter and this wasn’t a problem.
- The bus runs every 20-30 minutes.
- First bus from: Noi Bai Airport at 06:30, Hanoi Railway Station at 05:10
- Last bus from: Noi Bai Airport at 23:00, Hanoi Railway Station at 21:45
If you’re heading back to the Airport, the Number 86 bus can be caught from outside the Hanoi Central Post Office next to Hoan Kiem Lake. There is a dedicated bus stop.
Found this post useful? Pin it!
Interested in more Vietnam tips? Read about our trekking and homestay trip with Sapa O’Chau in Sapa here and watch our Vietnam videos below!